Tuesday, February 8, 2011

ESSAY #2 TOPIC: An Evaluative Comparison of Two Texts

The message/argument of my two media outlets is that smoking is detrimental to one's health. I am using an article about smoking that I found on the American Cancer Society website (article can be found here: http://www.cancer.org/Cancer/CancerCauses/TobaccoCancer/CigaretteSmoking/cigarette-smoking-who-and-how-affects-health) that outlines the side effects and statistics of smoking cigarettes. My other media form is a commercial that I have seen while watching TV. This commercial can be found at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MF4sCvkAAA, and has very powerful effects that show just how bad smoking can be for an individual. I chose to focus on an anti-smoking message because it has always been a matter that is near to my heart. My grandfather, whom I am very close with, used to be a smoker. Although he has not suffered any side effects yet (that we know about), it has always been very special to me because he quit smoking when I was born (I was his first grandchild). Because of my grandpa, I am inspired to show others just how harmful smoking can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment